Kansas Junior Golf Scholarship
Kansas Junior Golf Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Character, leadership and community service
- Financial Need
- Golf participation
- Letters of Recommendation
Applicant must be a Kansas high school senior.
Applicant must be enrolling as a full-time student in an accredited Kansas college or university for the coming fall semester.
Applicant must have participated in high school golf or recognized junior golf programs, such as Kansas Junior Golf Association, Kansas Golf Association, Kansas Women’s Golf Association, AJGA, The First Tee, Wichita Junior Golf Foundation, Native American Junior Golf Association.
Required Supporting Information
Applicant must submit all of the following information to the Kansas Golf Foundation by the deadline. Submission electronically (PDF) is strongly encouraged.
- Completed KJG Scholarship Application form.
- Essay (2 pages or less) on how golf has influenced the applicant and his/her career goals.
- High school transcript, including applicant’s SAT or ACT Scores.
- Verification of applicant’s participation in high school golf or junior golf.
- Financial information: A copy of the applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA. If the SAR is not available, applicant must provide completed Sections 3 and 4 from the FAFSA worksheet.
- Statement of applicant’s community service, leadership experiences and
- Two letters of recommendation: from a teacher or administrator from the applicant’s high school, and from a person (unrelated to applicant) who knows the applicant as a result of the applicant’s involvement with golf.
Application and supporting materials must be sent to:
Phil Miller, Executive Director, Kansas Golf Foundation
1201 Wakarusa Drive, Suite B5 Lawrence KS 66049
(Phone: 785-842-4833 Ext. 205, Fax 785-842-3831, Email Us). All materials submitted become the property of Kansas Golf Foundation.
Scholarship winners will be required to provide a digital photo for publicity purposes related to the scholarship.