Kansas Junior Golf Scholarship
Applications for he 2020 Kansas Junior Golf Scholarship will accepted beginning September 1, 2019. Scholarships will be awarded in May, 2020.
Kansas Junior Golf Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Character, leadership and community service
- Financial Need
- Golf participation
- Letters of Recommendation
- Applicant must be a Kansas high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolling as a full-time student in an accredited Kansas college or university for the coming fall semester.
- Applicant must have participated in high school golf or recognized junior golf programs, such as Kansas Junior Golf Association, Kansas Golf Association, Kansas Women’s Golf Association, AJGA, The First Tee, Wichita Junior Golf Foundation, Native American Junior Golf Association.
Required Supporting Information
Applicant must complete the online application form by the deadline, including submission of all required supporting materials.
IMPORTANT: Application will not be considered unless the following documents are uploaded. PDF files preferred.
- Essay: how golf has influenced the applicant (no more than 500 words).
- High school transcript, including applicant’s SAT or ACT Scores (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Verification of applicant’s participation in high school golf or junior golf (letter from coach or person familiary with application's participation).
- Applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA. If the SAR is not available, applicant must provide completed Sections 3 and 4 from the FAFSA worksheet.
- Listing of applicant’s community service, leadership experiences and accomplishments.
- Two letters of recommendation: from a teacher or administrator from the applicant’s high school, and from a person (unrelated to applicant) who knows the applicant as a result of the applicant’s involvement with golf.
Phil Miller, Executive Director, Kansas Golf Foundation
(Phone: 785-842-4833 Ext. 205, Fax 785-842-3831, Email Us).
Scholarship winners will be required to provide a digital photo for publicity purposes related to the scholarship.
KWGA Memorial Scholarship
Applications for the 2020 KWGA Memorial Scholarship will be accepted beginning November 15, 2019. The scholarship will be awarded in May, 2020.
The Kansas Women's Golf Association (KWGA) Memorial Scholarship was established January 1, 2018, to commemorate and continue the Kansas Women's Golf Association Scholarship, which awarded college/university scholarships from 1991 through 2017. The KWGA Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to one or more Kansas high school seniors or graduates of a Kansas high school who are enrolled as a full-time student (12-credit hours or more per semester/term) of an accredited college or university.
The KWGA Memorial Scholarship is a one-year grant awarded on the following criteria:
- Academic record;
- Evidence of character, social responsibility/community service, leadership;
- Essay written by the Applicant;
- Golf participation; and
- Letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must be a Kansas high school senior enrolling as a full-time student, or the graduate of a Kansas high school and enrolled as a full-time student (12-credit hours or more per semester/term) for the coming fall semester/term at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have participated in an interscholastic high school golf program or a recognized junior golf program such as the Kansas Women's Golf Association, Kansas Golf Association, Kansas City Golf Association, American Junior Golf Association, The First Tee, Wichita Junior Golf Foundation or Native American Junior Golf Association.
Required Application/Supporting Information
- Cover page (11-point Arial font) with the following information about the applicant
- Full name;
- Month, day, year of birth;
- Street address, city, state, zip code;
- Ten-digit phone number;
- Email address;
- Full name of high school currently attended or graduated; and
- College/university which the Applicant plans to attend or does attend.
- Official high school transcript(s) including ACT or SAT composite scores (if currently enrolled in an accredited college/university that school's official transcripts must be sent.
- Verification of participation in high school or junior golf program.
- Resume which provides Applicant's full record of employment (name of company, position, dates of service); internships, if any (name of company, position, dates of service); extracurricular/co-curricular activities and applicable leadership; community service (name of initiative, type of service/work, dates of service); and honors/awards (full name of honor/award, date received).
- Essay written by the Applicant (maximum of two pages, Arial 11-point font, double-spaced with standard margins) about how the game of Golf has influenced the Applicant and his/her goals and aspirations.
- Two letters of recommendation sent under "separate cover" from each recommender. One recommendation must be from a teacher or administrator of the Applicant's high school who can assess the Applicant's academics and intellectual abilities, character, social responsibility, and leadership. The second recommendation must be from a person (unrelated to the Applicant) who knows the Applicant because of the Applicant's involvement in Golf and the recommender can assess the Applicant's character and involvement in Golf.
ALL application/supporting materials become the property of the KWGA Memorial Scholarship Committee and MUST BE postmarked on or before March 28, 2020, and mailed by U.S. Mail to:
Karen Exon, Committee Chair, KWGA Memorial Scholarship
124 Eagle View Circle
Council Grove, KS 66846
Phone – 785.633.2723
Email – [email protected]
Scholarship Winner(s) must provide a digital photo for KWGA Memorial Scholarship publicity purposes.